Wandelvakantie vanuit Aviemore
Onderstaande beschrijving is opzettelijk in het Engels gelaten, omdat u alle informatie van de Wandelorganisatie ook in het Engels ontvangt.
Cairngorms National Park & Speyside Highlights
- The Cairngorms National Park – one of the loveliest parts of the British Isles
- Rothiemurchus, “one of the glories of wild Scotland” – Sir David Attenborough
- A visit to famous malt whisky distilleries of Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and The Macallan
- Explore ancient Caledonian pine forests
The Cairngorms National Park is a superb destination for a walking holiday and is home to the wildest area of uplands in Scotland, boasting four of the five highest peaks in the country. Deep glens cut through the mountains and pristine Caledonian pine forests enhance the wonderful natural beauty of the area.
Speyside is one of the loveliest parts of the British Isles and is also malt whisky country. A highlight of this holiday is the opportunity to visit some of the most famous whisky distilleries in the world, including Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and The Macallan.
This self-guided walking holiday is focused around the northern Cairngorms National Park – the perfect base to explore this fabulous region.
Your information Pack will contain route notes for some of the very best walks and hikes in the Cairngorms National Park and Speyside, and over the course of your walking holiday you can select a different route each day. The following are just some of the many possibilities:
- A short walk beginning in the Queen’s Forest which climbs to provide excellent views
- A charming circuit of beautiful Loch an Eilean through wonderful pine woodland
- A days walk along the Speyside Way followed by a Whisky Distillery Tour
- A wonderful walk into the Lairig Ghru; the finest mountain pass in Scotland
- Enjoying the miles of footpaths and trails in Rothiemurchus Forest